We're delighted to offer you our new and improved Community Calendar of Events. We have expanded the listings to include events happening in the wider community which relate in some way to the history of Hbc or its acquired companies. If you're associated with a historic site, a re-enactor group, museum, retiree group or cultural organization, and have an upcoming event, please see the easy posting instructions below.
There are currently no events scheduled
How To Submit a Posting
We can provide:
- A free listing for your events on a bilingual website that averages over 1000 hits a day in English and close to 500 a day in French.
- A prominent hotlink to the Calendar right off the homepage of our site
Use the handy form to provide information listing:
- Details of Your Event: title; date; time; place; your organization
- Contact Info: name; telephone number; fax number; URL for more info
- Short Description: 50 words or less.
- Bilingual postings: Our site is bilingual. However, we are unable to provide translation services to external groups. We are happy to post listings in English, French or both. If you typically advertise your events in both languages, we encourage you to send us details in both languages. Where copy is provided in one language only, we will post to the other site, with a note that the event listing is in the other language only.
N.B. We reserve the right to edit text for accuracy and brevity and reject postings for events or groups that do not fit with our mandate.
Event web postings are more effective if published well in advance. Please send us your information as soon as your event is confirmed. Postings will stay up on the website until midnight of the event day. For administrative reasons we will not accept event listings for events that will be posted for less than 10 days.
Please submit events postings via e-mail. This mailbox is monitored 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.